|Looking And Feeling Good In Spite Of Lupus |
by Irene Lim, President, Lupus Association (Singapore) HGM 2013 / 21st ICG
Year 2000 was a watershed year for me. I was diagnosed with SLE that year. Ironically, I started the year resolving to work harder and to earn more money. Unfortunately, increased workload translated into increased stress. I began to suffer severe migraines almost daily...more
|Cooking with Love|
Cooking with LOVE
New! by Ms Kelly Peterson, Chef and Food taster with e-recipe Book,“Cooking Inspired by Love”
Savour our delicious bi-monthly low-carb recipes blend with the best of eastern & western culture...... developed & inspired with utmost love and warmth by our very own Ms Kelly Peterson, especially for Being WOMAN members. Stay tune to more recipes coming up!
Exploring a little different way of baking a Chicken and add
spiciness to a baked chicken, this is what Kelly had tested,
improved and tasted, and is now our favourite spicy paprika
baked chicken! The level of spiciness in this recipe is very
lightly spicy, enough to have the spicy aroma but not enough
to burn your palate, yet not overwhelming the natural taste
1 whole chicken 2 yellow onions chopped
4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil 1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp red chili powder (or 2 tbsp for more spiciness) 2 tsp cumin
1 tsp onion powder 1 tsp cayenne
1 tsp garlic powder 1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp black ground pepper ¾ cup chicken stock
1. Wash and pat dry chicken keep in refrigerator for at least 1 hour uncovered. This would help chicken skin to be thin and crispy when baked.
2. Remove chicken from refrigerator. Mix olive oil, paprika, chilli powder, cumin, onion powder, cayenne, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a bowl and rub into chicken cavity, especially under the skin on meat and all around the skin. Twine chicken legs together and refrigerate for 1 hour before baking.
3. Pre-heat oven to 350F, lay chopped onion onto baking tray, pour ½ cup of chicken stock onto onion, and sit spiced chicken onto bed of onion. And bake uncovered for 50-60 min or when temperature of chicken reach around 145F-150F and is cooked.
4. Check chicken after 30 min of baking and if baking dish base is dry, pour remainder ¼ cup of chicken stock into dish.
5. Remove chicken from oven, scope sauce in baking dish and drizzle onto chicken and let sit for 10 min before slicing meat. Enjoy this lightly spiced baked chicken with choice of vegetables
About Ms Kelly Peterson
Kelly is a Singapore girl, now living in the beautiful mountains of Jackson Hole, Wyoming, USA.
Born of Chinese heritage, and growing up in Singapore, gave Kelly the opportunity to be in a multicultural country where she learned to appreciate much of Asia's finest cuisine. Adding on this several years living in the western world, and a few around-the-world globetrotting adventures, elevated the expectations of her taste buds for the finest food in the world. It is Kelly’s ultimate pleasure to see her family and friends enjoy the delicious and healthy food she put together for them. For Kelly, this is a way to say 'I love you'.”
Kelly has been blessed with having the time and space to allow her creativity to flow with the food and spices she creates. She wonders what could be better than preparing healthy and tasty food to her high expectations - in her very own kitchen! Living close to the nature, with a meadow, creek and mountains behind her house, Kelly sees wild animals out her windows every day. The marvel of the wonder of nature gets her closer in touch with herself, inspiring her to create meals from only the best in natural sources.
Kelly's delicious low-carb recipes blend the best of eastern and western culture. She continuously explores, tests, tastes, improves, creates and develops new recipes with love – for you.
For more information on Ms Kelly Peterson. log on to http://www.facebook.com/kellytanpeterson
More Cooking with LOVE recipes